IT Support at Team17 Global Gaming Label
ICC was introduced to Team17 to discuss the new studio relocation in August 2019. The initial brief was to upgrade and move the existing IT infrastructure servers, sans and networking from the existing studio to the new studio location.
Studio & Computer room move, infrastructure implementation and ongoing onsite support.
The main challenge faced by Team17 was the tight deadline by which everything needed to be completed the week before the move with minimum downtime. The reason being, this would affect the day to day back office and production systems, failure to achieve this would have a negative impact on games production.
It was very clear after a series of meetings, that providing system upgrades to the existing infrastructure was achievable, however this wouldn’t address the requirements of keeping the business up and running once the new studio was ready to move in to.
ICC recommended that alongside these upgrades Team17 invest in a new purpose-built data centre and install a new data cabling infrastructure with an identical server and san hardware infrastructure capable of replicating transactions in real time.
Once this new infrastructure was installed ICC worked alongside Team17’s internal IT team to migrate the current systems on to the new infrastructure and stress test it ready for the move.
The completed project included the following:
- Designed and built second computer room
- Designed, installed and commissioned 900 Cat 6a cabling ports with diverse fibre backbones
- Designed and implemented HP Aruba switched network solution supporting speeds greater than 10Gb
- Implemented site wide CCTV solution
- Audio visual solution for meeting rooms and breakout locations
- Access control/door entry solution
- IT hardware supply, HPE Proliant and Dell Poweredge servers with HPE 3 Par and Dell Nx 3000 storage solution
- Business continuity solution including VMWare hypervisor virtualisation technologies
- Hardware Support on existing IT Infrastructure
- Fully redundant and diverse routed leased line solution with managed routers
- Cloud based wireless solution
- Implemented and supplied new Microsoft Tenancy and CSP subscription
- Ongoing onsite IT support to complement Team17’s internal IT team
- Testing environment for online gaming
In supporting our in-house IT Team, ICC were able to provide agile support to a fast moving situation, namely a studio move and new building refurbishment. Their direct assistance allowed Team17 Digital to function with almost zero down time: their team members are knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to get things done in an appropriate and timely manner.Andrew Rozzier, Interim Head of IT, February 2020
Team17 now have a fully redundant (fail over between sites) and future proofed IT environment spread across both locations in Wakefield and Nottingham, giving both scope and capacity to meet Team17’s current and future business capacity and needs. This coupled with a bespoke pro-active support agreement ensures any IT related issues are dealt with on a business-critical SLA.
The ICC Group continue to work closely with Team17 through service support and helpdesk assistance, as well as ongoing onsite support to complement their internal IT team. ICC are currently working on upcoming projects with Team17 and look forward to a continued partnership in the future.
What makes ICC stand out to Team17?
- Extensive IT infrastructure knowledge and experience
- Professional and reliable onsite engineer support
- Efficient supply of multi-vendor hardware
- 24/7 helpdesk support
- One point of contact for complete IT services, supply and support
Founded in 1990, Team17 is a leading Global video games label and creative partner in the gaming industry based in the UK. They create, develop and publish premium games across multiple platforms. They have over 100 games in their portfolio including the well-known Worms, Overcooked and The Escapists games.
As well as producing their own games, they also partner with independent developers around the world. Offering a comprehensive range of in-house specialist resources, with over 180 employees delivering all workflows required to publish and launch a game including artists, creators, developers, sales, PR, marketing and release management.