Legacy Hardware Support at Cinram Novum
Cinram Novum required hardware break-fix maintenance support for their complex Intel and IBM I&P legacy estate.
Cinram Novum faced a few challenges prior to engaging in a partnership with The ICC Group, these were:
- Ageing business-critical IT infrastructure
- IT budget constraints
- Out of support contract
In order to resolve these challenges and extend the life of their existing infrastructure, the following requirements needed to be met:
- Intel & IBM legacy support across entire estate
- Flexibility of invoice payments and cost savings
- An immediate out-of-hours support arrangement to cover the re-commissioning of the ERP IBM iSeries infrastructure from Germany.
Since transitioning its support to The ICC Group, we have provided the following key services to help maintain their infrastructure and keep their business-critical systems running:
- Urgent weekend standby engineering to support the IT team whilst they re-commissioned a critical IBM iSeries on-site, with an agreed 4HR SLA providing parts on-site as required.
- Attended several support ticket calls within SLA to address a variety of critical and non-critical failures on-site
- Reacted swiftly to supply critical legacy spares to help keep the infrastructure running
- Regular communication via phone and e-mail to keep the customer up to speed with call ticket progress and ETA on parts etc.
ICC have provided the following solutions:
- A cost effective and flexible support package to meet their needs
- Extensive knowledge and experience on their critical IBM legacy infrastructure
- Access to legacy spares at speed and within strict SLA timeframes
- Out-of-Contract standby and weekend cover to provide support at a critical time
- Helpdesk support with an easy process for logging calls and creating action plans
Above and Beyond The Call of DutyNeal Root, IT Operations Support Specialist, May 2020
We are a new customer and it was with some trepidation that we made the decision to jump ship to The ICC Group.
ICC have reacted swiftly on a number of occasions and matched and exceeded all expectations contractually. They have also carried out work to mitigate risk to our business by ensuring that they captured all the field replacement parts of our complex IBM estate. The engineers have also been knowledgeable and very helpful to resolve some quite difficult issues.
Our account manager, Garry Higgins, has been at the forefront of our communications and we look forward to moving our relationship forward in the coming months as our business grows.
It has been a pleasure to work with Cinram Novum to deliver EOSL support for their IBM infrastructure. Our partnership and support contract have enabled us to:
- Built Trust and strong relationships quickly
- Offer value added services
- Provide trusted and technical advice
- Maintain the up time of their IT infrastructure
- Provide a one-stop-shop for provision of their IT requirements going forward
Neal Root, IT Operations Support Specialist at Cinram Novum, said “We moved suppliers at a point in time when we had some major work going on which culminated in some critical P1 outages. ICC reacted swiftly and matched and exceeded all expectations both contractually and, on a T&M basis, by ensuring our critical systems were back up and running in good time.”
What makes ICC stand out to Cinram Novum?
- Price point that matched their needs
- UK Helpdesk 24/7
- Access to extensive legacy inventory
- Technical field expertise with the experience and knowledge to manage difficult situations
- Flexible payment methods
- Excellent TPM provider and trusted technical advisor
Established in 1975, Cinram Novum are an award-winning supply chain solutions provider. Offering a range of flexible solutions such as warehousing, storage, fulfilment, e-commerce and distribution to suit business requirements. Logistics and business support are provided to a wide range of major brands and global businesses such as Morrisons, Amazon and Sony Music.