Stroke Association Case Study
Since October 2018, ICC have partnered with Stroke Association, providing specialist IT advice, legacy support and the provision of new technology and software.
Following a change in management within Stroke Association, the charity had a need to revise their current IT infrastructure and equipment. Stroke Association were looking for a partner as an extension to their internal IT team and to help facilitate their security project.
- Security project: FortiGate Firewalls, Desktop Anti-Virus, Content Filtering
- Need to revise current IT infrastructure
- Servers & storage out of warranty (HP/Dell)
- Hardware Break/fix support required
- Software outdated
- No IT Management Platforms
- Azure Migration requirement
- Lack of business continuity plan
ICC partnered with Stroke Association in October 2018 to support their internal IT team. ICC were able to identify ways of extending the life of the current infrastructure through legacy support and thereby providing a cost-effective solution. All the above challenges were addressed and supported by ICC and solutions were successfully implemented.
- Audit of current infrastructure, network and forecast requirements
- Provide tailored solution to extend life of existing equipment
- Flexible break/fix legacy maintenance contract
- Implementation of Microsoft SCCM & HP Insight manager – management platforms
- Design, implementation and testing of business continuity plan
- Security project: Updating, managing and reporting
ICC has been very supportive of Stroke and has provided a reliable and trustworthy partnership, offering a value added extension to our in-house IT team. Their customer service is excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to my business contacts.Andrew Rozzier, Head of IT at Stroke Association, July 2019
The result of partnering with ICC has increased the efficiencies of Stroke’s current IT infrastructure within budget. Specialist legacy support from ICC has extended the life of their infrastructure beyond the OEM warranty. The implementation of a tailored business continuity plan has ensured that Stroke have a system of prevention from potential threats to the company and to enable them to recover quickly in the event of a disaster.
- Cost effective and tailored solutions
- Strategic and focused plans in place
- Extended the life of existing technology, increasing efficiencies
- Access to helpdesk 24/7 and specialist part supply
- Impartial, experienced and knowledgeable advice
- Best practice processes put in place
- Prevention and recovery from potential threats through business continuity planning
The ICC Group are pleased to be working with Stroke Association and look forward to continuing to provide support in the future.
Case Study Outline
Service/Solution provided: Consultancy, supply of refurbished technology & legacy support, supply of new hardware & software.
ICC Account Manager: Shaun Smith
Stroke Association is a national charity who support people and help rebuild their lives after a stroke. Specialist support is provided to individuals who are affected to ensure the very best care is provided. The charity also funds critical research to improve treatment and campaigns to raise awareness. As well as a strong team of employees, they have fantastic volunteers and fundraisers who play a vital role in the recovery of stroke survivors across the UK.
If you would like to show your support to this very worthwhile charity you can donate here.
What makes ICC stand out to Stroke Association?
- ICC provides a valuable extension to Stroke’s in-house technology team
- Flexible approach and support that fills gaps quickly & efficiently
- Cost saving solutions with multi-vendor options
- In-house refurbish workshop facility & warranty on all equipment
- Extensive & reliable part supply with quick delivery
- Fantastic customer service with 24/7 helpdesk
- Honest working relationship that adds true value